The BlackBerry Challenge 2011 has started off, accepting submissions for the first competition. This first competition is about developing the best Adobe Flash/Air app for RIM’s Playbook.
The second competition starts on May 9th and is looking for the most innovative WebWorks app for the Playbook and BlackBerry 6 OS. The app needs to be the same on both, or linked.
The third competition is about creating the most addictive social app for BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) and will start somewhere this summer. The BlackBerry Fund will also honour the;
- Best B2C app developed for a customer by an Agency or ISV
- Most useful enterprise application (all technologies)
- Best website conversion using the BlackBerry WebWorks platform
- Most creative implementation of Super App characteristics
- Top Performers – Most innovative use of Payment Service and/or Advertising Service
- Academic – Most compelling app created by student or faculty
In total, there’s $3 million in prizes available and this includes an incentive to all 100 first submissions for every competition. That incentive is a free Blackberry phone and 1 week of AppWorld carousel promotion.